Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Atlanta, GA
At Tillman & Associates, a workers’ compensation lawyer Atlanta, GA residents trust knows that seeking legal help regarding a workplace injury event is crucial to ensuring that your rights are protected. Insurance forms, medical documentation, and other paperwork can be confusing to sort through, and you may not be sure whether your claim is being handled fairly. All too often employers mishandle or take adverse action against workers who were injured, because they want to save the company money. However, it is an employer’s responsibility to provide care and benefits to employees who are injured within the scope of their employment.
We understand that the idea of hiring a lawyer may seem too complicated to pursue. But, hiring a legal profesional is actually more within people’s reach than they may realize. The average person, unless they studied law, is not fully informed about their rights and what they deserve in compensation for an injury. We can oversee the process of your claim being handled so that you are not taken advantage of during this difficult time.
Don’t hesitate to call our office to hear more about how a Georgia workers’ compensation lawyer in Atlanta at Tillman & Associates can help you.
Workers Compensation Eligibility
There are many instances where a worker doesn’t get the benefits they need to cover costs so they can heal after an injury. Or, an employer has removed a worker from their job duty because of the injury accident. There are a number of ways that an employee may be treated unfairly simply because they were injured at work. The only situations in which the employee is not eligible for workers compensation benefits are if any of the following are true:
- The worker had done something to intentionally cause the injury accident
- The worker was under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs at the time
- The worker had instigated a fight with another coworker and was injured
- The worker is not categorized as an “employee” and is instead an independent contractor, volunteer, or seasonal worker
- The company does not have a workers compensation program because they meet the criteria to not have one
Signs It’s Time To See a Lawyer
Sometimes we find ourselves in situations where we don’t know what to do next or what the process will entail. So if you are unsure whether it’s time to speak with a lawyer about your workplace injury, here are signs that it is probably time to do so:
- You were not given sufficient benefits to cover treatment costs
- Your boss has treated you adversely since the injury, such as relocating you to another department, giving you a demotion or reduction in pay, creating a hostile working environment, etc.
- You feel as though something about your claim is not being handled as it should be
- Your boss has discouraged you from filing a workers compensation claim when you are eligible and in need of benefits
Call Tillman & Associates Today
If you are ready to speak with a GA workers’ compensation lawyer in Atlanta, don’t hesitate to call Tillman & Associates today to get the support you need.