When we think of workers’ compensation, we think of dramatic accidents such as being hit by a falling object. But many injuries take time to develop and even longer to recover from. An occupational disease is any ongoing ailment acquired on the job. A condition is deemed to be job-related when it is more common in a specific work population than among people generally.
Atlanta Occupational Disease Lawyers
Occupational diseases encompass a broad set of categories:
- Respiratory problems like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) caused by bad air, dust or toxic chemicals
- Chemically caused illnesses
- Psychological disorders such as anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Repetitive stress injuries like carpal tunnel
- Dermatological conditions such as rashes and eczema
- Cancers, including melanoma and squamous cell carcinomaLoss of function such as vision and hearing
Georgia Occupational Illness Lawyer
Occupational diseases are often serious and can lead to serious income loss, disability, high medical bills and enormous stress on your family budget.
Three Decades Of Experience Winning Workers’ Comp Claims
If you have developed chronic health problems because of working conditions, you are entitled by law to workers’ compensation. No matter where you live in Georgia, we invite your call at Tillman & Associates in Atlanta. Our attorney will come to you to discuss your claim, you can come to us, or we can meet you halfway.
Call Us About Your Occupational Injury
Did your workplace make you sick? Call the Atlanta occupational disease lawyers at Tillman & Associates at 404-315-0000, toll free 800-743-3994, or drop us a brief description using this online form.