Traffic accidents are an all too common occurrence on the roads of Georgia. Add in the fact that there are construction zones all over the city of Atlanta, and these incidents can become incredibly tragic. Here are some tips for preventing work-related traffic accidents so all those on the job on the roads of the state can go home at the end of the day.
If part of your job requires driving, especially in a company-owned vehicle, you will want to follow these safety tips:
– Always wear a seat belt
– Maintain the speed limit
– Familiarize yourself with the maintenance procedure for every vehicle you are required to drive
– Refrain from driving if you are fatigued
– Never drive a vehicle, your own or an employer’s when under the influence of drugs or alcohol
– Adapt to the situation unfolding in front of you in order to react accordingly
– Do not use a mobile phone or anything else distracting while operating the vehicle
If your job requires you to be present in work zones along roadways, follow these safety tips to prevent an accident:
– Wear clothing that is of high visibility, including reflective vests and helmets with reflective decals
– Use traffic control devices and other barriers to separate the traffic and the work site (having a buffer is important to protecting yourself and other workers on the job site along a roadway)
– Take roadway safety classes to learn how to operate properly on a roadway
– Be sure to follow all company policies regarding work along a roadway and company issued safety policies
Preventing work-related traffic accidents is an important part of any job, especially those involving construction workers on the sides of roads and highways. Following these tips can help you stay safe while on the job.
If you or a loved one has been injured in work-related traffic accidents, contact our Atlanta firm to discuss your case and how you can acquire compensation for injuries suffered.