Social Security Disability
If at first you don’t succeed in qualifying for Social Security Disability benefits, try, try again – that is what we at Tillman & Associates tell our clients. There is really no reason not to keep trying: We don’t collect a fee from you until you succeed in obtaining benefits.
Some people are embarrassed to apply for SSD (also called SSDI), but they shouldn’t be. Social Security Disability is an insurance program just like car or home insurance. You have been paying into SSD many years, every time you draw a paycheck. Most people never need the program, but seriously injured workers do. That’s how all insurance works.
And like other insurance plans, the insurer is often reluctant to pay out. The path to qualifying for benefits requires a knowledgeable SSD lawyer from a firm like Tillman & Associates and the patience to keep asking.
Georgia Social Security Insurance Benefits Lawyer
Tillman & Associates has been helping people go forward after serious injuries for more than 30 years.
- We stay up to date on evolving technical, medical, vocational and legal aspects of SSD claims.
- We know which aspects of your medical records may trigger denial, and we work to correct them.
- We are respected by the Social Security Administration not just for our rate of success, but for the ethical way we go about our business.
Attorney Burt Tillman assists injured Georgians to qualify for SSD and also for Supplemental Security Income (SSI). His experience is your best guard against a bureaucratic dead end. When you win final approval, these benefits will be yours:
- Disability payments are almost always tax-free.
- Annual cost of living increases often occur.
- Two years after receiving SSD benefits, you will be eligible for Medicare as well.
- You won’t be penalized in your retirement and disability benefits for lost earnings.
- Members of your family may also be entitled to benefits.
Qualifying for SSD does not happen overnight, but it does happen. If you are disabled, we urge you to stay with the process and not give up. Your patience will probably be rewarded.
Applying for Social Security Disability in Georgia? Improve your odds by calling the Atlanta Social Security Disability lawyers at Tillman & Associates at 404-692-7428 or toll free 800-743-3994, or drop us a brief description using our online form.